States we have visited

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our new Home on Wheels !!

So this is our new home on wheels. We picked her up Thursday and are busy figuring out everything. Vic is working on the TV electronics end right now ... I am busy trying to figure out storage and the kitchen. We finally got the bed situation fixed. Easy enough too. We just brought in our spare regular queen with a memory foam topper that was too soft on box springs but seems perfect on the wood slab used in the motor home. Quite a comfortable rest last night.

Today she goes out for our first in town trip. We are heading to Gramma Shirley's to celebrate Mother's Day and catch up with family. Vic does great driving as long as I keep my panic attacks internal. Lexi's job is to keep me distracted to the point that I don't bother Vic.

We are excited for our real travels to begin in August but we are looking forward to some shake down trips around Washington and Idaho to see family and friends before we depart. Next week we journey to Sandpoint, Id to see friends. More pictures then.

My first blog on this journey !! Exciting. I won't share the last 3 hours of trying to get this set up. Bear with me. Its a process to learn.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carly

    Your new home looks wonderful. Glad you started your blog. I think you will enjoy the writing of many memories that you will be making.

    Looking forward to getting to know you more through your blog.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna rv:( I really wanna go to Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might do Alaska next summer. It's one of the places I really want to see too, but this year is going to be trying to hit the other 48 states. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see you starting this blog!! I remembered last week asking you to keep in touch and keep me posted, and this will do just fine!

    I am very proud of your decision to do this Carolyn!! You just keep on impressing me with your growth in life!!

    Thank you for sharing and caring...Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a really funny thought Vic. You should find one of those "Playschool" tiny tot driver deals with the steering wheel and horn and mirror on it and mount that on Carly's side with a Whoopie Cushion for a brake pedal!! Would that be entertaining or how? I can just hear it now! A constant clatter of Schwinn bells, clown horn, and farting! What could be better than that!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. Can't wait to follow you on your journey .....

    ReplyDelete